The Eight Reasons Why Jesus Came To Earth At Christmas
Should anyone ask you for the reason for the Season – here all the reasons I could find in the New Testament and they are arranged under eight main headings.
1. REVELATION: To be the revelation of the glory of God in human form. (John 1:14-18, Hebrews 1:1-3, Colossians 2:9) even as a light in the darkness (John 12:46) and to bear witness to the Truth. (John 18:37)
2. AS THE SENT ONE: To do God’s will not His own (John 6:38-40, Hebrews 10:7) and to do the works of God. (John 4:34, 9:4)
3. TO CHANGE THE TIMES: To completely fulfill the Law and the Prophets (Matthew 5:17) thus putting an end to the Law and reconciling Jews and Gentiles. (Galatians 4:5, Ephesians 2:16). Christ also came to take the curse of the Law so that the Gentiles could receive the Holy Spirit by faith and inherit the blessings of Abraham (Galatians 3:13,14)
4. EVANGELISM: To proclaim the gospel (Mark 1:38, Luke 4:43), to call sinners to repentance (Matthew 9:14), and to seek and save the lost. (Luke 19:10, 1 Tim 1:15) so they may not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16).
5. COMMUNITY: To sort out the believers from the unbelievers (Luke 12:49-53, John 9:39) and form the believers into a new community called the Church, a special holy people, (Ephesians 5:25-27, Hebrews 13:12) zealous for good works (Titus 2:14)
6. LIBERATION: To destroy the Devil (Hebrews 2:14), to undo the works of the Devil. (1 John 3:8), to rescue us from this present evil world (Galatians 1:4), to liberate people from the effects of the Fall (Luke 4:18-19) and to make life abundant (John 10:10, Hebrews 9:11, 2 Corinthians 8:9).
7. SACRIFICE: To serve others and give His life as a ransom for many that He might take away our sin (Mark 10:45, 1 John 3:5) and bring us to God (1 Peter 3:18) so that we might live with Him (I Thessalonians 5:10).
8. GLORY: That He might be a faithful High Priest (Hebrews 2:17), become the Lord of both the dead and the living (Romans 14:9) and fill all things in heaven and on earth (Ephesians 4:10) and reconcile them to God. (Colossians 1:20)
See this article in Spanish.